- Develop PLC and SCADA/HMI control applications to meet specifications using various software: Allen Bradley, Koyo, Wonderware, SAF, Ekho, iFix etc;
- Upgrade obsolete PLC/control systems and modify legacy code as required;
- Working with maintenance team to troubleshooting existing installations and commissioning new systems;
- Conduct a weekly work plan analysis in collaboration with the planner and maintenance coordinator to improve the planning process;
- Collect, organize and analyse data into PI System historian;
- Develop automated downtime tracking system;
- Make detailed analysis of major breakages and ensure that corrective and preventive measures are implemented;
- Responsible for mill networking, WIFI and tele communication systems;
- Manage maintenance of printers, scanning guns, terminals and other various networked devices;
- Selecting field instruments and sensors to monitor health status of equipment and processes;
- Contribute directly to the development and monitoring of budgets;
- Drive and execute process improvement projects focused on increasing equipment utilization rates to bring equipment to Industry 4.0 standards.
- 3-5 years of experience as an electrical, process or automation engineer or atypical profile with expertise in manufacturing industry;
- Degree in electrical engineering, technologist or similar;
- Proficient in industrial machine controls, electrical systems, PLC and HMI programming;
- The ability to produce accurate, high quality work in a time-sensitive fast paced environment;
- Provides leadership, good organizational skills, rigor, autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Good communication skills and teamwork;
- Must have a valid and current government issued driver's license;
- Must be willing to travel;
- Experience with the PI System is an asset.
About ArcelorMittal Long Products Canada
With more than 1,900 employees in Quebec and Ontario, ArcelorMittal Long Products Canada regroups steel production (steelmaking, rolling and wire drawing) and scrap recycling and processing facilities. We specialize in the manufacture of semi-finished products such as billets, slabs, bars and rod, dedicated mostly to the construction and automotive markets, but also to other industrial uses. Our mission is to manufacture safe, sustainable steel, in accordance with our values of health and safety, quality, sustainability and leadership. Active on Facebook and LinkedIn, ArcelorMittal Long Products Canada is a 2017 Employee Recommended Workplace as designated by The Globe and Mail and Morneau Shepell.
ArcelorMittal is the world’s largest steel producer. We use the most innovative technology to create the steels tomorrow’s world will be made of. Every day over 190,000 of our talented people, located in over 60 countries, push the boundaries of digitalization and use advanced technology to create a world that is stronger, faster and smarter. To help make this possible, they know they can depend on the support and training that a company of our scope and scale can provide.
Join us at the forefront of the steels industry and see your work help create renewable energy, impact major industries and boost economies. At ArcelorMittal we’ll help you make your world.