To inspect, repair, replace, install, adjust and maintain all mechanical equipment. The successful candidate will be part of a maintenance team performing mainly mechanical maintenance functions with electrical trade assist on an as needed basis.
- Perform mechanical maintenance functions on all equipment;
- Complete paperwork and convey all repairs conducted and condition of equipment;
- Performing reactive work trouble shooting and repairing production equipment on a daily basis, preventing or reducing unplanned equipment delays;
- Perform inspections, repairs, rebuilds in both shop and plant environment;
- Must be able to work as a self-directed, motivated team member in a fully integrated Manufacturing environment.
- Minimum high school diploma/GED and 433A Certificate of Qualification or Interprovincial Red Seal;
- Consideration will be given to candidates with a 426A Construction Millwright Certficiate of Qualification;
- Must have a valid Ontario Driver’s license;
- Must be capable of physically demanding work (inside & outside);
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to follow directions and work in a team environment with minimal supervision;
- Advanced trouble shooting and problem solving skills are required;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are required;
- Basic personal computer and corporate standard software skills (MS Word, Excel) are required.
About ArcelorMittal Long Products Canada
With more than 1,900 employees in Quebec and Ontario, ArcelorMittal Long Products Canada regroups steel production (steelmaking, rolling and wire drawing) and scrap recycling and processing facilities. We specialize in the manufacture of semi-finished products such as billets, slabs, bars and rod, dedicated mostly to the construction and automotive markets, but also to other industrial uses. Our mission is to manufacture safe, sustainable steel, in accordance with our values of health and safety, quality, sustainability and leadership. Active on Facebook and LinkedIn, ArcelorMittal Long Products Canada is a 2017 Employee Recommended Workplace as designated by The Globe and Mail and Morneau Shepell.
ArcelorMittal is the world’s largest steel producer. We use the most innovative technology to create the steels tomorrow’s world will be made of. Every day over 190,000 of our talented people, located in over 60 countries, push the boundaries of digitalization and use advanced technology to create a world that is stronger, faster and smarter. To help make this possible, they know they can depend on the support and training that a company of our scope and scale can provide.
Join us at the forefront of the steels industry and see your work help create renewable energy, impact major industries and boost economies. At ArcelorMittal we’ll help you make your world.