ArcelorMittal is committed to becoming the safest steel and mining company in the world. At ArcelorMittal Long Products Canada, the health and safety of our employees and our subcontractors is of the utmost importance, and allows us to achieve this vision.
We believe that all workplace accidents can be avoided, and are actively pursuing the corporate-wide Journey to Zero program with an objective of zero incidents and zero fatalities.
At ArcelorMittal Long Products Canada, accident prevention is our primary concern in our business processes and industrial operations.
To meet this goal, our safety program includes the following activities:
- Implementing corporate standard procedures for the prevention of major accidents
- Abiding by the “10 golden rules”
- Partnering with our subcontractors in health and safety management
- Analyzing critical tasks
- Coordinating daily observation of positive practices
- “Shared Vigilance” program
- OHSAS 18001 certification